Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Can you post a picture like that?

If you know me, you know my sense of humor can be called, juvenile, at times. When I hear my 5 year old say “crap,” I think that is funny, inappropriate for a 5 year old to say, but no less funny. When I wedged a Lego between my toes and it hurt like hell, and I let it be known by saying “Fucking toy,” I meant it. When my then 5 year old son repeated it from the next room, funny. When mom heard me say it and then him repeat it, not so funny. If I hear a name of a person that seems close to a word that might be considered naughty or questionable, that’s funny to me. Example, we have a teacher, I’m sure a fine teacher, whose last name is Spick. When I was growing up, not a nice word. So to hear someone has that word as their name, funny. It’s like if you met a guy and his name was Richard Penis. I would laugh for a week on that one. I’m giggling now and I just made it up. So why am I bringing this up? Well, I was working in our garden the other day, getting more vegetables out of it than we have in months, when I saw we had some more carrots to dig up. There were several that had grown together, so I worked hard to get them out, and this is what I saw.


Right away, I see legs, and more. Maybe the “normal” person sees some carrots grown together, but I see a big carrot penis, I’m sorry. I wish I could stop it, but I can’t. You might ask, why is it a big deal, this defect you have to see odd or funny things in objects that are neither funny or appropriate? When I held the carrot anatomy lesson up to show Marcy, she knew exactly what I saw in it. That’s a bad thing, because before she met me, I guarantee you she would have thought nothing of it. I’m a bad influence on my wife, I know that, and I apologize. But come on, I’m not wrong that it looks like a carrot dude, who I might add is very un-proportionate. Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I too think it's funny....and when I first glanced at it, I saw a lower half of a naked Barbie painted orange and an extra "appendage". Hilarious! I kept a carrot in our fridge for a week that I thought looked like same above mentioned appendage and attached "sack", if you will.