Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hello? Anybody out there?

Has it really been that long since I posted last? Wow, I'm either really busy or I had absolutely nothing to say. Truth is, a little bit of both. My life is a constant train of waking, working, washing and sleep. All of my free time is spent doing homework, cooking meals and cleaning a house that could be compared to a frat house in the cleanliness category. The best part is when I have a moment to myself, to do what I want to do. I last got to do that in 1997 and I long for that experience again, some day. With Marcy working odd hours and working on her Masters, there is little time for me to go off on my own, or spend time with her. I hope to teach the boys to get their degrees before they start a family, it seems that would be much easier. I'm not sure how she is able to write all the papers, work her jobs and travel out of state every week. Hopefully some things will get easier for her soon.

Since my last posting, not much has happened in my life. I don't get out of the house, so I haven't had the opportunity to observe the people that amusing me the most. I did have an interesting sighting at the library the other day. It seems one fellow decided to hop out of bed, and head to the library for a new read. Why bother to change out of your jammies? Why comb your hair? Shoes? Who needs them. This may sound like a tall tale, but it is all true. Dude was wearing what I would describe as pj bottoms, his hair was smashed and sticking up and he was shoeless. I first thought that he must have kicked them off when he arrived,, to keep the carpet nice I would guess, and spent the rest of the morning spreading his toe jam around for everyone to enjoy. But I saw him sit down with his pile of "stuff" that was sitting on the floor, including his computer, backpack and a pile of books, and there were no shoes to be found. Perhaps they were in the backpack, but my vote would be to just put them on and save us all the wondering.

My work travel starts up again next month, so hopefully I will again have a life worth writing about. Then again, you all may have given up on me ever writting again, and this is falling on deaf ears. I don't blame you, I about gave up on me ever writing again as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're back! Missed you!

Love from your favorite sister, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I thought you had left us!! I miss your posts!! Please continue.. Much Love from your Tennessee family