Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day one complete

Well day one is in the books and I can't tell you how glad I am that I scheduled this. Todays course had 21 holes and is built around a campground. There are several ponds that come into play, but they are pretty easy to navigate around, or over. I had printed off a map from the Internet, but left it in the car and was to lazy to walk back to get it, even though it was only a short distance. My hope was that I would be able to figure it out just by looking, which for the most part, I was. The first 14 holes are in and out of the woods, but mainly in. The last 7 are out in the open, so you don't have to be as careful and can just throw the disc as hard as you can. I loved the course. I met the owner of the campground and talked about the course and the improvements that he has made and is currently working on. Some of the holes still have dirt tee boxes, but most are concrete and the rest are framed up, just waiting to pour the concrete. He said he is holding a disc golf tournament in Sept., with music and other activities, sounds like fun. I'm not really into tournaments, I just play for fun, but he is calling it "Discstock," so I bet it will be a drunk bash. I'm going to try and set up a weekend trip with friends to hit a few courses each day, maybe we start or finish here. The owner asked me if I thought of any changes he could make. I suggested he have the snake removed from the 7th fairway, scared the crap out of me. He reminded me it was just a garter, I informed him I could care less. To me, a garter is the same as a rattler. Got the heart rate up. I should have asked him if he could do anything about the skeeters, they are as big as sparrows.

The day continued to heaven, lunch at White Castle. (Yes I'm aware that I have an issue here) I had forgotten that I left my GPS in the van, which Marcy now had in MN, so I had to rely on my memory from 4 months ago as to where it was. I am totally motivated when it comes to the Castle, found it on my first try in a city I have no idea how to get around in. I remembered how to get to the hotel and they allowed me to check in early. I was able to hit the pool and hot tub, which I had all to myself, so the morning and afternoon were great. I really enjoyed my day and I'm looking forward to my trip to the other course tomorrow. I was going to try and squeeze it in before my meeting, but I think I will save it until after. I might be able to hit the Castle before I head home on Sat. Keep your fingers crossed, all of mine are.

No comments: