Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Officer, I was just playing a game.

Wow! Has it been that long since I have posted anything other than mug shots that I make stupid comments about? Apparently so. Well here is my new post, but I'm guessing it won't be any smarter than "Sweet hair."

Little tip for you. I found a perfectly acceptable way to beat the crap out of your husband/wife, and the police can't do anything about it. You may have done it as a child. It has recently been made popular again by a commercial. If you haven't all ready guessed, its Slug Bug. I'm guessing you played it when you were a kid, but maybe you out grew it. Lets just say it is running rampant in our family, but luckily the kids haven't figured out that you are actually SUPPOSED to hit the person. They just say "Slug bug" and call it good. Marcy and I are in the front seat beating the shit out of each other. I know eventually we will be pulled over by the police and I will be removed from the vehicle, at gun point, for abusing my wife, which I am. I would like to point out that she is beating the crap out of me as well, but she isn't as good as I am at the game, so I'm guessing whoever called the police after witnessing our game, only saw me winning. Now I'm not one to promote abuse, in any way, but this one. Marcy has added a new twist that she learned from a friend, called Cruiser Bruiser. Same concept as Slug Bug, only for PT Cruisers. You would be amazed at how many Volkswagen bugs and PT Cruisers there are on the road. You'd also be quick to realize that it is much easier to excel at this game if you are ridding in the passenger seat, so you don't have to deal with those pesky road rules you have to pay attention to if you are driving. Marcy and I walked down to a nearby restaurant last night for dinner and then over to the library and then home. If people were watching us, they might think we were fighting for the number of times we hit each other. Luckily, we made it home, but there were police all over our neighborhood. Hmmmmm?

As I write this, I am preparing for a Disc golf outing that will take me to a few courses in MN that I have never played before. They will be my first ever "Pay to Play" courses, which I normally would be against. One of the things I love about disc golf is, it's free to play. Why would I pay to play a course when there are so many free ones nearby? Well, because the pictures of one of the courses makes it look like a real golf course. Most courses are in public parks and are basically paths cut through the woods, paths mowed in the grass or just baskets placed around an all ready established park. All that is great, but some don't get the care that would make them even nicer. I'm not complaining, if a disc golfer is one thing, its adaptable. If you want to play, and the course isn't a priority of the parks department, you have to deal with obstacles in your path, like picnic tables, playground equipment and an occasional person. You also have to deal with flooded tee boxes and fairways. Some of the courses don't have concrete tee boxes, so they are usually mud. A true disc golfer shrugs this off and throws from either the middle of the mud, or steps three feet to the side and throws from the pile of garbage that people left behind, and the parks department doesn't feel the need to clean up. The course I'm playing on Friday looks like Tiger Woods might step out of the club house to play a round. I'll try to get some pictures and update you on my day. Tomorrows course is a big one, 21 holes, but looks like a lot of fun. I have my sun screen and bug spray all ready to go. I'll haul some water with me, since the heat index was 116 degrees today. Maybe it will be cooler in the north. Wish me luck.

No comments: