Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome back

No, this isn't a tribute to the show Welcome Back Cotter, which I was a huge fan of back in the day. I recently saw the show again and laughed exactly zero times, so I'm not sure what I saw in it all those years ago. The thing I remember the most is an episode in which Vinny Barberino, played by Mr. John Travolta, was trying to get his friend Freddy "Boom Boom" Washington off drugs. He pretended to take drugs and wanted more, so he kept saying "Gimme drugs, Gimme drugs." It was by far the worst acting I had ever seen, and it now makes me laugh because I love John Travolta so much. No, this Welcome Back refers to us being back in the hospital. It seems that Marcy just can't get enough of tubes up her nose and jammed in her arm, so we are back. This time, we are in a brand new hospital located in the actual town we live in, so no need to bother with that 15 minute drive to the down town hospital. It wasn't a bad drive, I'm obviously kidding, but this new hospital means I have a few minute drive to get home to take care of what ever I need to. I must say, this place is amazing. The lobby looks more like a fancy hotel than a hospital. They have a coffee bar as soon as you walk in, but it looks like a bar in a fancy hotel, and I don't mean coffee. A few things are the same. They tell Marcy over and over again to get some rest, then come in every 5 minutes and wake her to see if she needs anything. I don't think I will ever understand that. The room is bigger than the ones down town and the couch is a lot longer than the ones in previous rooms. It isn't any more comfortable, in fact less comfortable, if you can believe it, but at least I can be uncomfortable with my legs fully extended. It also isn't very wide, which I am, so if I lay on my back, one shoulder touches the back cushion and the other hangs off the butt cushion. They have a flat screen TV and a DVD player, so at least there is a little entertainment during daytime TV. The elevator has a dark wood in it, but it smells like cedar. When your hospital is fancier than your house, you start to think about moving in permanently. I took this picture of the toilet, which has a unique design. I'm sure it is to hold the "hats" that catch all out put, if you have to have that measured, but to me it looks like a guys head. Do you see it?


I thought about putting something in the toilet, then make no mention of it to see what comments I got, but that was even a little too gross for me, so I skipped it. Your welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would have seen in on my own, but yes, I see the shape of a head. Strange.

Give Marcy a hug for me.

Vickie