Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, August 20, 2007

I wanted to share my experience today at lunch that has brought up one of my pet peeves. First, the lady in front of me in the drive threw decided that she no longer wanted to be involved in our line, so she did an 80 point turn to get out. I was behind her, but had someone behind me, so I could get out of her way. Why she didn't just wait until the person in front of her moved and then just pulled away is beyond me. She then proceeded to try to get out of a 1 and 1/2 car width exit that some other lady had decided to use as a parking space. Now moron #1 had to do another 30 point turn to get away from moron #2 so she could leave. My question was, why would you sit in a fast food drive threw for who knows how long, just to pull away as it becomes your turn? Stage fright? Anyway, that brings me to the next thing that happened that is one of my pet peeves. When you are working the drive threw, don't ask me for my order if you have no intention on listening to said order and punching it into your little computer. This happens to me all of the time and it pisses me off.

Guy at drive up: "Hi, welcome to (blank), can I take your order?"
Me: "I'll have a burrito and a Coke" (nectar of God)
Guy at drive up: "Can you repeat that?"
Me, in my head: "What the hell, did I speak in a different language, how can you not get my order unless you are totally not listening"
Me, out loud: "A burrito and a Coke!" (a little louder and a bit of "holy shit, your a dumbass" attitude in my voice.)
Guy at drive up: "Do you want a cookie with that?"
Me, in my head: "Hell no I don't want a cookie, I want you to listen to my order the first time I say it, because you asked me for my order. It's not like I walked up to you on the street and ordered, guessing you worked for (blank), you asked me what I wanted through your little headset."
Me, out loud: "No thank you." Well, I don't want him to spit in my food, so I suck it up and take it. Nobody likes snot in their burrito.

I've worked in fast food and ran the drive through, I know how to do it. It isn't rocket science. You can't take an order while your sitting on the crapper in the back of the store, so either take off the headset when you go, so as to not be tempted, or just shut your pie hole until you are finished. (and you've washed your hands) Am I alone here or does that piss you off as well? I know it's a shit job, I had it, but if it is your job, try to do it like you know what you're doing. Maybe I'm always getting the new guy and he has absolutely no idea how to work a speaker, headset and cash register all at once. Maybe most people can't and I am a rocket scientist. Hurray for me!

I had to get that off my chest, sorry to interrupt the Jamaica updates. I'll work on more soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay honey, after you listen to the sermon from this past weekend on your I-pod, you will have a new coping skill to use in those moments when the pet peeves have gotten the best of you! =)
Marcy