Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Just a quick update for now, we are back. I have a lot of stories and pictures to share, so check back soon. I hope to have the first thing written by today, but I'm still trying to settle in, so it may be tomorrow before I do. Here are a few topics I will write about:

Jamaica the beautiful
Troy the Rasta man
Michelle's life, what I saw of it
The community of Ridge, where we stayed
Politics in Jamaica, what little of it I saw scared the shit out of me
"Was that a gun shot" and "Do we need to be concerned"
The food, my personal favorite
Have you ever played chicken at 60mph, every time you left your house?

I know I'll think of a lot more. The trip was great and the people were awesome. We stuck out like a sore thumb in Ridge, but the people were welcoming and even talked slow for us, since when they spoke to each other I rarely understood anything they said. When they spoke to us, they always slowed it down so we could understand what they were saying. It sounded French to me when they got on a roll, the language just flowing out so smooth. We took a lot of pictures, but they will never do this country justice in regards to its beauty. I'm off to get the boys lunch, check back soon.

Love,
Mark

No comments: