Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Friday, August 3, 2007

A quick note before I hit the plane for Jamaica in the morning. We had what was my biggest fear in getting ready for this, childcare collapse. Marcy's sister was to watch the boys for 3 days at the beginning of our trip and told Marcy last week that she couldn't. Marcy went into scramble mode and was able to find backups. Our friend Cathy is staying with us tonight, taking us to the airport in the morning and then staying with the boys until Saturday night. Then they go across the street to stay with a neighbor for a few nights until Mindy gets them to take them to Altoona for a few nights. She then takes them to our friends, Joe and Mindy, to finish out the week.
I must say, that even though I all ready knew this, it reminds me of how good it is to have family and friends that you can count on. There was no hesitation from the people we originally asked and when the shit hit the fan, friends stepped up. I can't tell you how much better I feel being able to leave the most precious things in my life, to people I trust. I know they will be looked after and they are really excited about going to all of their houses. I wish mom was here. I hear all of my friends talk about leaving the kids with grandma and grandpa and would love to be able to do that as well.
I'm going to "try" and post pictures from Jamaica, or at least blog from there, so keep an eye out to see if I can.

No comments: