Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, July 13, 2009

I saw a cape buffalo today, what did you see?

We went for our morning walk today with hopes of finding the elusive cape buffalo. After hiking up a steep road, we walked up on this huge animal, a mere 20 feet away. We froze, then fumbled for our cameras, and it ran off into the bush. This is one of the big 5 animals, which means it is dangerous, so were we a bit shaken up, but extremely happy we were able to find it. I'm leaving for the airport now, see you back in the states soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels Markie!
Love you,
Vickie

Michele said...

I can't believe you saw one! I was always scared to death to come across one so I was always praying not to see one. Although I was more afraid of the puff adders and black mambas!