Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

DON'T PICK THOSE!!!!!

One of the things I like to have, is a green, weed free lawn. I know it's superficial and totally unnecessary, but I like it. I like lush green grass that you can take your shoes off and walk through in your bare feet. As we stand now, not in the budget to go with a professional company like we used to, so I'm on my own. I haven't had time to go get fertilizer to apply myself, so I spend a little time every couple of days digging dandelions out of the yard. Since I have used a professional company for the past few years, I have a good base to start with. So what do the boys decide to do? They pick every dandelion in the neighborhood and bring it into my yard. As if I'm not fighting a huge battle without the extra "help" from the boys. Our next door neighbors yard is covered in the yellow flowers, and white puff balls, and the kids love to bring them home. Frankly, I think I'd rather they brought home a snake than the damn weeds, and the snake would make me scream like a girl. I've taught Makiah and Max on how to dig the weeds out of the lawn with my trusty weed prier upper, and so far, they are excited to hunt them down. Hopefully, that will last all summer, since my lawn care situation will not be improving any time soon.

No comments: