Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The boys have a new habit, so I wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen or have heard of it. The boys have decided that when we give them their new clothes to wear, that they won't take off their old underwear and socks, they just add them to the collection they are all ready wearing. This becomes bothersome when you try to have them put on their shoes, and they no longer fit. Makiah went to church Saturday night with three pairs of underwear, plus his pajama bottoms. I didn't know this until he told me that his underwear was too tight. I said "What size is the pair you have on?" When he pulled the waistband down for me to see, I saw the other pairs and then he told me about the pajamas. Now, not to be out done, Mason set a new record with 5 pairs of underwear, and three pairs of socks, just to top it off. I explained to them, that although they are putting on new, clean underwear, the clean underwear is on the old underwear, not on their bodies. I had to explain to Mason that he has been wearing the same underwear for 5 days. I'm not sure when the last bath was, so I don't know if he was putting dirty ones back on, getting more from the drawer (which I know he has done with socks) or if it has been 5 days between bathes. Regardless, 5 pairs of underwear. Ever heard of that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! At least they are not hiding dirty underwear. Have you asked them why they are doing that? It would be interesting to know.

Love ya,
Vickie

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of this. It sounds a little strange, but I love them anyway (try and keep Max from doing it though!)

Lisa

Markymark said...

They claim they are doing it because "it is comfortable," which isn't true since the whole reason I found out Makiah had them on, plus the pajamas, was because they were hurting him. They have kept it down to a single pair recently, but seeing as it is cold as hell now, I'm sure they will thicken up soon.