Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Trigger pulled, times two

I finally did it. I have been contemplating a switch from my cable provider, Stealfromyoucom, to DirecTV. (It's really Mediacom, but after the bill rose again, I re-named it) I ordered and had DirecTV installed, moved my phone and internet to Qwest and returned my equipment to Stealfromyoucom. I've had DirecTV before and always liked it, despite the cable companies claim that I will not be able to watch TV if the wind blows more than 4 mph or there is even a prediction of sprinkles. I just couldn't keep up with the bills. I've cut $80 a month off my monthly bill for the next 3 months and $60 beyond that. My internet will be a bit slower, but I'll manage. The boys actually gained channels that they like, so they are all for it. We'll see what happens the first time it goes out. I say, read a book.

The second trigger pulled wasn't by me, but makes me every bit as happy. If you read this blog consistently, and that means all 4 of you, you have seen me beg my friend Chad to come to South Africa with me. Today, he has posted on his blog that my badgering has worked and he will be joining in on the fun. I haven't been this excited since they brought the McRib back.

No comments: