Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Friday, February 27, 2009

Fun thing to do, if it's raining and cable is out.

I love people. I love to talk to them and share my experiences and for them to share theirs with me.(Usually I go on and on about my missions, which might explain why no one wants to talk to me:) My biggest problem is, finding the time to actually have a conversation without being interrupted every 5 seconds by the kids, the phone or some other distraction. My love of people and how they interact with each other, makes Survivor and Amazing Race two of my favorite shows. I know there are a million more shows like these, but I don't have a ton of time to watch TV and since these were the first ones I really got into, I've always stuck with them. I watched some of the early ones, like Temptation Island, and though I found it interesting how people reacted to situations they were put in, the overall goal of some of those shows were mean or against what I personally believe, so I eventually quit watching them. For example, if you remember Temptation Island, the goal of the show was to try and get couples to cheat on one another. They can tell you that it is to test their commitment, which in a way that is true, but I guarantee you that in the pitch meeting, they were trying to come up with ways that would make it more than probable that someone would cheat. Since I love to learn about people, I've figured out how to learn about people I don't and will never know, but still get a taste of what is out there in the world. If you look at the top of this blog, you will see a button that says "Next Blog." If you hit that, it will randomly take you to a new blog in the gmail blogger family. This may seem way to random to you, or even a waste of time, which I will grant you, but you will learn things you didn't know. I found a recipe for making 45 to 50 orders of Idaho Truffle fries, not sure it will ever come in handy, but still. I found out that you can do a gmail blogger in a shit load of different languages. If you ever do this exercise, you will see that every other blog, you can't read. So why would I do it if so many are foreign? Well, pictures, that's why. You will find pictures from all over the world, some of them are actually pretty good. I'm not suggesting you call in sick to work tomorrow, but if you get bored, click it a few times and see what you see.

No comments: