Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Saturday, February 28, 2009

My blogger history.

I was reading a blog today, and they were "celebrating" their one year anniversary of blogging. Silly me, forgot to get them a card, which I'm sure Hallmark has covered. When is national blogging day? They mentioned that they had 96 blogs for 2008, which got me to awondering, how many have I written and when exactly did I start. My first blog was not only controversial, but long winded and filled with hearsay. Here it is:

I've never bogged before, so here we go. I usually write a monthly letter that I send to family, basically an update on what I'm doing and what ever is on my mind. I'll try this instead and see if anyone else reads this and gets a laugh. That is always my goal. I'm no comedian, far from it, but I usually have things happen to me that seem to make my family and friends laugh. A little about what I like to write about:
My family
Christian Music
What I'm reading
What I'm watching on TV
My mission trips
And anything else that I think someone might find interesting or funny.Well, that's it for now, just wanted to break the seal.

WOW! That was intense. I see that I have kept to the original reason for writing and cover most of these, regularly. This was from July 21, 2007 and not much has changed in what I write about and my actual writing ability. My spelling isn't bad, because Blogger has spell checker, but my grammar and run on sentences are as bad as ever. I looked a little deeper and see that I wrote 48 entries in 2007, 120 entries in 2008 and so far in 2009, 29 entries. The most I have ever written in a month was 19 in May of 2008. I went back through the month to see what had caused me to write so much in one month. Turns out, I was in a "making fun of people who can't park" stage and spent most of that month ranting about that and people who litter. I'd love to say that as I aged, a whole 9 months later, that those things don't bother me anymore, but I'd be lying. The parking thing bothers me in places were parking is scarce, but the litter thing pisses me off all of the time. I hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as I have in writing it. My high school literature teacher would be so happy to see me writing something that I wasn't made to write. I don't really have a creative mind, so I had a hard time making stuff up, but when funny stuff happens to you anyway, it's much easier to write.

No comments: