Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A bit about nothing.

I watched 2 guys chain a car to a big pole today. I'm not sure what they were planning to do or if this was their anti-theft protection. I wanted to stop and take a picture, but they were big guys and I thought they might not appreciate the humor I got from it.

Here is a picture of Max who feel asleep watching one of his movies last night.

If that isn't relaxed, I don't know what is.

Here is a difference between Marcy and I. I brought Max home early from trick or treating, because he was freezing. I was letting him hand out candy to kids when they came to the door, so I told him, "Give them each a handful." My thought was, his hands aren't that big and I don't want all this candy in the house, PLUS what the boys would be bringing home. I don't eat much candy, so no big deal to me. Marcy came home and went with Max to the door and was quite upset that he was giving out that much candy. She changed the rule to 3 pieces and pulled all of her favorite candy from the bowl. That is something the boys and Marcy have in common, the appreciation of candy. My thought is, if I want a particular candy, I will just go buy it and keep it at work so the kids don't eat it all.

I didn't have any inappropriate jokes this year, like I had a few years back when a little boy told me a joke I KNOW he got from his dad. A friend of mine got this one form a small child that had no idea of the double meaning.

What is 6 inches long and women want it? Money.

I had to get a ruler out and measure a dollar and sure enough, about 6 inches. The kid said his dad taught him the joke, big surprise. What ever happened to the good old days when there were no tricks, no jokes, only candy and a sprint to the next house to get more. We stayed out for hours when I was a kid on the east coast. Now, you get 2 hours. I actually saw teenage kids running down our street ringing door bells and then kept on running. Nobody got hurt, they had fun and I got to relive a bit of my childhood just by watching. They didn't smash any kids pumpkins and they didn't break anything. I applaud them.

No comments: