Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

God's beautiful world.

I've mentioned how I think Iowa is a beautiful part of the country. Here is a picture I snapped on my phone Sunday, proving it.

We spent the afternoon at a state park near our house, hiking in the woods with no trail, hiking along the river with a trail, jumping in leaves and tossing walnuts in the water. A stop at the boat ramp produced the above picture. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year, so this was a great day to get out. The leaves have all turned and most have dropped, but the temps were in the 70's, so you could so anything you wanted outside without bundling up. Not bad for November. At the boat dock, I noticed an old pair of shoes and set one a drift down the river. I thought it would sink, but it floated until it was out of site. I should have put one of Mason's action figures in it, but that would not have gone over well with him. It was after it was 50 feet down the river that the thought popped into my head that that shoe MIGHT belong to someone coming back to get it. Time to pack up a get out of dodge before the owner shows up and kicks my ass with the one remaining shoe.

2 comments:

CJH said...

So, THAT's what happened to my shoes!

Anonymous said...

It was very beautiful! Great day to be outside and just enjoying being with my boys!