Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Thursday, June 2, 2011

New law, spread the word.

Yesterday, I figured out that we need a new law on the books. I'm not big on adding a bunch of un-needed laws, made to make people feel good, but not enforceable, for the most part. Iowa has a no texting law, which is a good idea, but very hard to enforce, unless you are actually in an accident and they can prove you were texting. The new law I am proposing, is that law enforcement vehicles are no longer allowed to hang a U-turn, unless they are then going to pursue someone. Happened to me yesterday and I damn near shit myself. I was speeding a bit, down a back road by my office. I wasn't killing the speed limit, but when you see a cop whip around right behind you, you just assume he is coming after you. As it turned out, he wasn't after me, or anyone for that matter, so I say we stop this practice before it gives me a heart attack.

That is all.

No comments: