Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Excuse me? Are you serious?

I just had to comment on an article I just read, about a kid who plotted and stabbed his teacher. The puzzling part of the article, was when the judge made a statement that just floored me. The defense attorneys ask for the teen to have a mental evaluation, which seemed reasonable to me. The judge agreed to the evaluation, and said, "to see if he is a threat to himself, or the community." Did I miss something? Didn't he all ready kill someone? I guess that isn't a threat, it's an action, so the statement is valid. OK, he killed someone, perhaps we should take away his "Happy camper" button and send him to his room, WITHOUT supper. Or maybe we should have a professional take a look at him. Yeah, lets do that one.

No comments: