Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Damn you!

I have a complaint. I know, I know, big surprise. I've discussed my displeasure with people who litter, so here is an off shoot of that. It usually isn't as bad as littering, but bothersome for another reason, I'm talking about people who dump stuff out of their car on the ground, right where I have to step when I get out of mine. These inconsiderate assholes park their car, usually in a convenience store lot, then dump their load of old coffee, flat pop, or the object that set this rant off, what I can only assume is a garbage can full of sunflower seed shells. I understand the need to get rid of the shells, but the trash can was literally 6 feet away. I understand it's cold in Iowa, so you don't want to be out of your car for any longer than you have to, but you were in the store, why can't you throw them out on the way in, or make the 10 second trip from your car to the can. Now, because you are a self centered bastard, I have to wade up to my waist in shells, into my car. Now my floor mats are covered in shells and I don't even eat sunflower seeds. I hope I can get the dirt out from the long winter before one of these seeds has the time to germinate and I've got a visual hazard growing from my floor to the windshield. The coffee and pop may even be worse. You step out, right into a sticky mess that you didn't even see coming. I've been know to pour and old something out of the car, but I don't pour it where people are going to have to step, no, I pour it in the open window of the dumbass parked next to me with half his car in my space. Is that wrong?

No comments: