Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Sunday, March 8, 2009

My bad

So I've been known to have a potty mouth. It's not as bad as it used to be, but still. I'm pretty good at keeping it under control at home and church, but anywhere else, I'm sorry, but colorful language just happens. In my early days, I had a friend that wouldn't say the "F" word, so he said frick instead. Well that was the funniest thing I had ever heard, so I teased him every time he said it. Now that I have 3 parrots, I mean kids, living with me, they tend to repeat things. An example of this is when Mason was 3 or 4 and I lodged a Lego in between my toes and I yelled "F" ing toy!, only I used the complete word. Just one room away, my oldest parrot repeated it, quite well I might add, to the horror of his mother who was sitting right next to him. I decided that the room I was in was much safer than the room an angry mom was, I assume, glaring in my direction with eyes that could kill. I heard a voice from the other room, "Did you hear that?" Which I lied, I mean replied, "No." Luckily, he didn't try to say it again and his mother didn't hear my snickers, otherwise this blog would have never been started. This incident caused me to realize that my frick friend probably was on the right track, so when I get really mad and have to cuss, I now say frick as well. Flash ahead to a few nights ago, where I'm in the kitchen telling Makiah for 100th time to do his homework, only this time I said "Just do your fricking home work." To which he responded, "I don't want to do my fricking homework." It's very difficult to correct a kid with a full out laugh going on, but I tried. He didn't buy it. Now he keeps saying it and now I'm not laughing because if his mom comes home and hears this, I'm pretty sure she's going to know where he got it. I can only blame the neighbor kid for so many things and then she is going to catch on. So far, as far as I know, he hasn't used the word around his mother. At least if he says frick around her, I can play the "at least it isn't the real "F" word, card. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sucks when I have your blog sight and can read about your shortcomings! However, lately you would be a saint compared to me. I love you! (You are lucky I haven't heard it yet, but if it comes out at school and he gets in trouble you can explain it to the teacher or principal!)
Marcy