Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm a dumbass.

I hope when you read the title, you jumped into your, "Oh, no your not," mode, but this story will turn you back to believe the title. Does your car windshield get that, film, on the inside like mine? I don't smoke, but over time, the windshield gets a foggy appearance that you need to get cleaned off. My car was like that the other day, but luckily, I had a pack of those Windex wipes in my glove box. I keep these around for windshields or sometimes TV screens when the kids use their hands to eat chocolate frosted donuts, then decide to pet the kitty on the TV. (I don't know what they are actually doing, but this seems like a logical story after seeing the smears all over the screen) I took a wipe out of the pack and started wiping the windshield, all over, making sure I got every corner, even the area right behind the rear view mirror that is hard to reach. The wipes were extra wet, which was a bit bothersome, but at least I was getting the film off, right. For some reason, it seemed worse, so I took out a new wipe and tried again with a little better luck, but still so wet that it wouldn't dry fast enough and I need to drive. I decided to use a napkin to help dry it, which seemed to help. Next day, I see that the film is now wavy and just as bad as when I started this mess, then it hit me. I opened my glove box with a "man I'm a dumbass" look on my face. Turns out, I was using Handi wipes, not Windex wipes. You might think that they are both wet clothes, so what could be the difference? We'll I'm here to tell you, there is a HUGE difference. If you use a Handi wipe to clean your hands, it doesn't matter if your hands dry streak free, but on a windshield, streak free is important. Now I have to drive with a windshield that looks like the movie The Fog until I get either the Windex wipes I thought I had, or can get to a car wash to power wash the inside of the car so I can see. Perhaps the wipes would be best.

1 comment:

CJH said...

Just consider it an adventure - like driving the gray van with the cracked windshield down the dusty streets of Juarez... Use your training man! :-)