Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, March 2, 2009

Misc.

Here are a few things that don't deserve a whole entry on their own.

I passed a guy on the Interstate who was brushing his teeth at 70 miles an hour. Why you would attempt to brush and drive, I don't know. Still doesn't top the lady I saw eating a bowl of cereal while driving. She was holding the bowl on top of the steering wheel and working the spoon with the other. I wanted to follow her so I could see if she pulled it off for the whole bowl, but alas, I went to work instead.

As a kid, I liked the band Queen, but don't remember knowing that the lead singer was gay. Now I know and watched an old music video, "Another one bites the dust," and I wondered why I never questioned it. In the video, he is the most stereotypical gay man I've ever seen.

I saw Nights in Rodanthe, WOW, is that a chick flick. I fell asleep for a bit at the beginning, but woke up to finish it off. Guys, watch it with your woman to make her happy, but drink a Jolt before you do.

I bought a iPod touch and love it. Just doing my part to try and pull us out of the recession. I heard on the news last night that a company here in Des Moines that laid off 100 people in Nov. do to the economy, is bringing them back on Monday. I'm really happy for those 100 and hope this is a sign of the near future.

I was filling my car with gas the other day and a guy that was driving a cargo van, sitting 15 feet away from me, started squirting fluid on his windshield to clean it. The pump was so strong, he was hitting me with the fluid, which sucked because I was getting wet and it was about 12 degrees.

I just saw a commercial for a "flexible bonding agent" that you are supposed to use to mend torn fabric. It's called Mighty Mendit and I want to see if that works. I can't believe you can "bond" fabric with this stuff. Let me know if the temptation gets to you and you buy some.

No comments: