Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The small things make me happy

I'm a pretty simple guy, it doesn't take much to make me happy. A cold Coke in the morning. Maybe some time alone on the back deck with said Coke and the paper or a good book. Maybe a mid morning stroll around the neighborhood while drinking a Coke. There is a whole variety of things, all completely different, yet all give me the same pleasure. I'll let you in on a little secret that makes me happy that some of you might not be aware of. I'm addicted to Sliders. I'm guessing most of you know what a Slider is, but just in case you don't, they are little hamburgers from heaven. I bet some of you think they are gross. You are wrong! I was in Chicago last summer and lucked up on a White Castle and damn near killed a bus load of kids and nuns trying to get there. My friend thought I was crazy when I got back to the warehouse, she doesn't see the glory of them. My brother Brian and I have been known to travel out of our way, just so we can hit one. We have been known to eat lunch at 10:30am, just so we could have some. There are no White Castles in Iowa, a travesty. The closest WC's are in Minnesota, but I have never been able to find one. I'm heading to Minnesota in the morning and have just spent 20 minutes researching addresses and plugging them into my GPS. It appears I have driven right by one several times, but can't see it from the highway and they don't have a sign telling you to exit here for pure excitement. I'll let you know if I find it, my goal is to hit the city between noon and 1pm, so I can drive through. Keep your fingers crossed I can find it, I'll let you know.

No comments: