Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Friday, March 12, 2010

What year is this?

I FOUND WHITE CASTLE!!!!! I've had my slider fix, so all is well in the world again. The drive up here was interesting. I picked up a radio station in northern Iowa that actually had a commercial for Slinky. I thought I had traveled back in time to the 1960's. Do we really need a commercial for an American icon? Are the marketing dollars of the Slinky corporation being well spent with a 60 second radio add airing in the middle of know where Iowa? Maybe they got a deal. A few more miles down the road and something hit the windshield. I figured it was a rock from the truck ahead, so I just ignored it. Suddenly, there was another, then another, I thought I was being shot at. Then I saw it. It was corn blowing out the top of the semi in front of me, because they didn't close the tarp on top. I'm very familiar with these trucks, even though my farming experience consists of dropping sticks on piles of tobacco for my grandfather, picking up potatoes after they had been plowed, and picking beans with my grandmother. All great memories, but doesn't make me a farmer. No, my knowledge of corn trucks is from the trucks that line up at the elevator down the street from my office. They have tarps over there trailers and we still end up with corn or soybeans all over the road. I'm guessing this guys trailer was empty by the time he got to his elevator. Hopefully, the drive home tomorrow, will have less potential damage to my van.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too LOVE the Castle!!! I'm sure it was worth your efforts.
See you soon!!
Vickie