Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, March 8, 2010

Sorry about that.

I received a call tonight and the girl on the other end asked me if I could hear her OK. This was before I knew what the call was about, but she was kind of going in and out, like she was on a cell phone. I said I could hear her and she jumped into a speech about health care reform and some senator, I didn't quite hear her because I was working on my out. I used her own question to help me out. I told her she was fading in and out and I couldn't, click, I hung up on her. I know that sounds lame, but I had no interest, zero, in listening to her sermon on which ever side of reform she was on. The kids heard me, so I went right into the "I got disconnected" excuse. I'm not proud of myself. (yes I am:)

Two of my nieces are here tonight and it was hilarious to see them slide down the stairs in sleeping bags with the boys. Better them than me because it looked like it would really hurt. They are still young enough that maybe they will be fine in the morning. I would be sore for a week.

No comments: