Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, June 30, 2008

So we have now been out here for several days and are having a great time. I spent a hour or so this morning riding the boogie board, which brought back a lot of memories. My brother Brian and I did this all day when we were kids out here, but this is the first time I have done it since then. Mason now seems to be slightly frightened of it, but I'm hoping I can get him back into it again. The pool at the house has been a great second swim for the kids. My sister threw a bunch of little foam balls in the pool today, which sent my brothers and I into a bean ball competition. The rest of the family joined in and the danger level at the pool increased by 100%. Makiah started to get out of the pool, stand on the side right next to me, and pelt me in the back. I was hit numerous times in the head, back and chest, with these little balls. I was worried that I would take one in the eye and have to come up with a really good shark story, instead of a little foam ball truth. The house has worked out perfectly, plenty of room to sleep and to hang out. I haven't used the pool table yet, but have enjoyed the roof top deck. There is a good view of the ocean and the surrounding neighborhood. We are hoping to do a little shopping and maybe a game of miniature golf, which will make Mason happy. I realized I didn't bring my cable to transfer pictures, so I'll have to post a bunch when I get back.

No comments: