Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day Baby!!!!!


I wish I were smooth, or that my last name was Hallmark, because I have so much I want to say, but not sure my feelings will be clear. I've had one hell of a year. We've been through a lot. Life isn't easy, it's hard, really hard. I've had some pretty big scares over the last year, life threatening ones, but I made it through. It wasn't my health in question, it was my heart. Not my physical heart, I'm assuming that is fine, but my emotional heart about gave out. It's one of the most emotional draining things I have had to do, and that is watch someone you love struggle with their own life, worth and dreams. I have been fortunate to be married to the love of my life for 11 years and have been blessed with 3 kids. As we struggle to keep our heads above water through this time in our life, my love for Marcy hasn't diminished, it has grown stronger. I see the beauty of not only her physical being, but her heart, which was the first thing that attracted me to her. I was fortunate to spend the past several weeks staring into her eyes and wondering what she is doing with me, as I stepped on her feet and led her through the steps we learned like I was piloting the S.S. Minnow. (Com'on, you got that reference didn't you) On the nights she is in Minnesota, my heart feels so empty, along with our bed. I pray for the day when those trips won't be necessary, I know she does as well. Through all of my frustrations, stress and overbaring organization, I hope that my love has shown through. I hope she knows that I would die for her. I hope she knows that my life is for her, that without her, I am lost. I hope she never forgets what a beautiful person she is, what a great mother she is, and that I love her. I tell her that, but now you know as well. If you don't have someone in your life to share today with, never fear, I love you as well. Happy Valentines day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo sweet. Marcy is one lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you and Marcy. Love to you both! Lisa