Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How old are you?

What did I learn about myself today? Well, I'm not as much of a big boy as I thought. The background on this is, I thought I broke a tooth on Friday night while preparing popcorn for family movie night. I bit down on a kernel and then began chewing on something that didn't quite break down as I had hoped. The pieces seemed a little sharp, so I spit one out and noticed it was white and hard, which kernels aren't usually white. I did what you always do if you break a tooth, you start probing your teeth trying to figure out which one is the casualty. I found it and went to the mirror to check it out. I could see silver under it, so I figured it was an old filling and I broke the tooth around it. I called Monday and set up an appointment at my dentist to have it looked at and they got me in this morning. I got up and showered and had breakfast, before I brushed my teeth. You always brush for a half an hour to try and make up for any lapses you had since your last checkup. I normally brush my teeth before I shower, then eat something on the way to work or at work. I always thought I did this to save time, turns out, there is a much bigger reason. As I began to brush my teeth, the toothpaste and spit mix started running down my chin and onto my work shirt, which happened to be blue. It appears I brush my teeth like a kindergartner. The sink my kids use is covered in toothpaste. Even the mirror appears to have smear marks, which means they are using their brushes as paint brushes. I've asked for this practice to stop, but I won't hold my breath on that one. I tried to get the paste drips off my shirt, but failed. I didn't realize I had failed until the water I put on them dried, revealing the paste marks as I'm sitting in the dentists chair, unable to change my shirt. Turns out I busted a crown and it has to be replaced. Maybe the next lesson Marcy and I take can be "Things you should have learned to do properly when you were 5." I wonder what that would cost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need a smiley sticker to put over that spot. That way you just look happy and not messy:)