Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Saturday

The Iowa-Iowa State game was Saturday, and my travel mate is a Iowa grad, so we headed down town to a bar with his sister and a friend of hers to watch the game at a bar called The Sports Column. We walked into what we thought was the Iowa bar, only to be bombarded with boo's and several hand gestures. It was the Iowa State bar, which just happened to be next door. There was even a lady who offered to do something that even Marcy won't allow me to do to her. I'm pretty sure she was serious, so we decided to exit before she went ahead and did it anyway. She then proceeded to chase me out the door and slap a ISU sticker on my back. A little tip if you ever plan on doing this, place the sticker on the persons back so they don't know you did it. If you slap it on the persons back, they're going to figure it out. I pulled it off so I didn't get the same greeting at the Iowa bar as I got at the ISU bar.
Here we are before the girls started drinking and John was still able to hold his camera steady, his sister Amy is on your left and her friend Amy, no shit, is on your right. Anybody want to guess the first thing Marcy will see in this photo? I didn't drink since I was going to drive the first leg, so it was just like St. Patricks day, watching the drunks and try to keep the beer off your shoes. The game was good, but it was a little depressing in the bar of the loosing team. When we walked past the ISU bar after the game, they weren't any nicer. We got on the road around 3:30 and the traffic from Denver to Pueblo sucked. There was a lot of construction, so the speed went from 75 to 45 in several areas. Plus, I had some lady that just could not hold her speed, so I passed her 10 times only to have her pass me 9 times. She finally decided to go 60 in a 75 and I lost her. We switched drivers after John had slept off his beer and had recovered from the Iowa loss. The scenery was beautiful. Here are a few shots, but you will remember from my Jamaica posts, I can't take a picture to save my life. I've also included a picture of a church next to Amy #2's apartment. Isn't that the coolest roof ever? Looks like a skate park. Anyway, the rest of the trip was pretty uneventful except when a rabbit decided to commit suicide and jump from the median right into the front of the car that was going 85mph. I guess he could have survived, but the thud I heard didn't sound promising. We made it into Rehobeth school around 11:30, found or way to our room and crashed. The rooms are nice and since it's just John and I, we have plenty of room to spread out (the room is made for 4 students).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What woman wouldn't question a picture of her husband with two unknown women and with his arm around one of them???
I know about the others!!! =)
Marcy