Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday

Today, I was up bright and early. I'm always afraid I'm going to oversleep, so I'm usually up way before I need to, today being no exception. A few things that I reflected on this morning:

1. I miss Marcy and the boys.


2. I miss my routine, you know, your comfort level. I have to adjust every time I go on these trips to having the planning and schedule out of my control. Marcy can tell you that I'm big on planning and I want to know when and where I need to be some where. On these trips, a lot of it is just going with the flow. Well, I'm not a good go with the flow kind of guy. I'm getting better, but it's still a struggle.


3. This country of ours is absolutely beautiful! The Denver area, with the mountains and big sky, is awesome. Southern Colorado and northern New Mexico is breathtaking (yes, I used breathtaking in a sentence, but I'm not gay, the word just fits). The mountains, the buttes (I think I'm using that correctly) and even the plains just scream out for me to take a shitty picture of them, so here are a few more from a car at 85mph. I promise you its beautiful, even though you certainly can't tell from these. A few of us went for a walk around the school campus and its much larger than I had figured. They just built a new gym and a wind talker center. Not sure what is in there, but hope to find out before I leave. We went to Denny's for breakfast and headed to Church Rock, one of the churches we will be working at, for church. It's a little church that holds about 40 people and I would say it was close to full. They don't currently have a pastor, so they had a guest speaker who was really good. When a pastor tells you what the sermon is about, and its about you, you know you are going to hear things you don't want to hear, but at the end, you really got something out of it. This was one of those cases. I can't go into a lot of detail, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, even if you haven't been to church in awhile. We had lunch and toured a little of Gallup, NM. We spent some time at the school resting and watched a little football before supper. I love the down time on these trips so you can get to know the people from Hope that you might have never met before. We spent several hours getting to know each other and then had a great cookout. Devotions were at 8:00, which included the plan for tomorrow, which church we were working at and what some of the jobs were. I'm not sure which job I will be doing, but I'll be at Tolaki for Monday. I hope I will have more excitement for you over the next couple of days, since my first few posts are kind of dull. Not much has happened. Except for the incident at the ISU bar in Denver, its been pretty calm. I still wake up with the sweats when I think of her:(

No comments: