Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Saturday, November 17, 2007

All done

So here is a picture of the birds I talked about. There aren't as many as the first day, so imagine every inch of these wires and the big circle, covered in these birds.I also wanted to mention the desert that John and I had at a restaurant called Cafe Lux, which has the same owners as Cheesecake Factory for those of you who have heard of that. It's called the Molten Chocolate Cake and you can see what it looks like on this page: http://grandluxcafe.com/menu.htm

When you cut into that cupcake looking thing it just pours out melted chocolate. Not very tasty as you can imagine, I mean who likes rich chocolate cake with hot melted chocolate pouring out of it? Besides me? You order your desert before your meal and they bake it while your eating. Brilliant! You see this thing when you're hungry so you order it and then you eat way too much food so when the desert comes, you need to vomit to make room. You've all ready committed to it so you might as well figure out a way to get it down your gullet. John and I were both close to pulling a reversal on the walk back to the hotel. (If you don't know what a reversal is, that is a sports term from competitive eating (No shit) meaning to throw up. In competitive eating you would then have to eat that as well, but I'm not an athlete, so I would just leave that lay.)

We met our customer service people at a couple of our warehouses on Thursday, stopped in to say hi and took a couple out for lunch. I hope that meeting them will help us in the future get what we need from them. We also got a few better pictures of the bridge we crossed over into Baytown, where the Seapac warehouse is. Pretty cool. I wish I could show you via a picture how many oil fields there are in the Houston area, but it's impossible. Here is a picture of some of the structures, but I don't know what these are for. There are tanks everywhere, of course. We heard the the greater Houston area is actually bigger that the state of Delaware. I'm guessing the state of Rhode Island would be the size of just parking in Houston. I know we will be back in Houston since we have a bunch of warehouses and millions of pounds there, so I look forward to going back.



No comments: