Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Skymall

So in my recent travels to Jamaica and Houston, I've had the privilege of leafing through the Skymall catalog. I'm sure you've seen these in the seat pockets, a potpourri of products that you either don't need or are way to expensive to actually purchase. A few of these have caught my eye for different reasons. I took pictures of them out of the magazine, but I think you can see them enough to get my point.
Picture #1.
Where do I start with this one? I think the nickname for this is the Boston strangler. Is that comfortable? I know what it is intended to do, but would you buy it after seeing this picture? I think they needed to find a model with a long neck so the pillow doesn't look like a torture device. Lets move on.
Picture #2.
Are you kidding me? These straps are so good that they can make, what I can only guess is a 500# dresser, weigh virtually nothing. They aren't even holding the straps with their hands, they are sitting on their forearms. Ladies, no offense, but do these 2 women look like they can hold this big thing up that high with anything other than an elevator? I worked for a moving company and moved a few of these in my day and I'm telling you this is photo shopped or something. Unless this thing is made of cardboard, this ain't happening.
Picture #3.
Who in the hell has enough watches to necessitate this thing? I have one watch and I'm guessing I'm closer to the norm (in this case only) than people that have 50 watches. Some women might have several, but this thing looks like it would hold 16 watches. If I'm wrong, call me out. Then, since you have enough disposable income that you can buy a watch for every month of the year, plus an extra one for Christmas, Anniversary, Birthday and Presidents day (I ran out of even reasonable days), drop one watch from your inventory and send it to a watch poor person to get them off the, cruel, one watch column. You'll feel better and that person will be able to hold their head high knowing they are on their way to needing this thing.

Side note, is this girl Shannon Daugherty from Beverly Hills 90120? How far we have fallen:(

No comments: