Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day one done

The first day of counting is done. The warehouse is huge, here are a few pictures.

Here are a few of the silos out back and a new one on a flatbed trailer. We didn’t have much trouble, until we got to the back corner of the warehouse. There were these bags that we were having a hard time getting an accurate count on. I stuck my hand down the side, when I pulled it out it was covered in the white power that was in the bags, and all over them as well. I didn’t think much of it, but still wasn’t sure of the count. I had John check the count, and even though he didn’t stick his hand down the side like I did, he was covered in the white powder as well. No big deal, we were dirty anyway, right? So the forklift driver comes by to move a few things and he says, “Those bags have arsenic in them.” I chuckled since he must be messing with us. He drove off only to return a little while later and said, “You might want to wash that off.” Now, he is either really holding on to this joke, or I'm up shits creek, sans paddle. He takes us over to the bags and this is what we see. Not very damn funny anymore. What in the hell is arsenic doing in a plastic powder? This I don’t know, but I can tell you where the closest bathroom is located from the arsenic. Even after 2 washings, I still feel the cancer now growing in my body. Please us this picture in the lawsuit. We got a tour of the testing lab and that was pretty interesting. Lots of equipment and a lot of words I didn’t understand, but very interesting. Now we are getting ready for a dinner with John Strobel and Andrea Cronin from our home office in CT who are down here counting. Tomorrow is the big day at Seapac, the real reason John and I are in Houston. Keep your fingers crossed that, 1. We find Seapac. 2. That we are welcomed and not dragged to the back of the warehouse and beaten to a pulp(Did I mention that they aren’t that happy with me since I questioned their ability to do, about anything?) 3. That the counts are “close.” And 4. That we are able to get back to the hotel.

No comments: