Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, June 22, 2009

Going back to Cali, Cali, Cali

Not sure if you remember that song, but had to toss it in. I'm on my way back to California to work at one of my warehouses in Buena Park and then a warehouse and rail yard in Chino. I'm looking forward to this trip more than usual since Marcy will be traveling with me. I always feel better when I travel if I have someone with me. I informed her that she will probably have to go to Chino with me since we will head to our second hotel by the airport after working, don't want to have to drive all the way back to Dana Point. I'll get her out in the yard with me, knocking on railcars. Actually, we may get done a heck of a lot faster if she does help. Might get us to our hotel faster, maybe into the pool or something. Coming home, I wasn't able to get us on the same flight, so I'm coming back through Dallas, she is coming back through Chicago. We still get to Des Moines at about the same time, if there aren't too many delays. We leave LA at the exact same time, 7:10 am. I'm guessing we must be doing a synchronized take off, since I don't see any other way that we could both have the same departure time. If all goes well, I'll be home Friday afternoon, just in time to go to an MMA fight in Des Moines. That's a good end to the week. Then, I will have 6 days to get packed and ready for my trip to Africa. Won't you be glad when I shut my yapper about Africa? I bought a pair of hiking boots and have been wearing them around, making sure they are broken in before I use them for any serious hiking. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to pack what I need, but I'll see what I can do. I'm going to weigh my bag so hopefully I stay under the 50 lbs, since I need to bring things back as well. If anything interesting happens in CA, I'll post, otherwise, I'll talk to you when I get back.

No comments: