Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hello from CA!

A quick post before I hit the hay. We are having a good time in Dana Point. Marcy and I got here yesterday morning and made it to Dana Point in time for lunch. We spent several hours walking on the waterfront, very nice, and even drove to Laguna Beach. The area is great, I think I could live here. Tonight, after dinner at a table over looking the water, we watched a few seals swim around. One decided that a large fishing boat looked like a good place to hop up on for a snooze. We couldn't get a shot of him on the back of the boat, but I have a shot of him in the water, but you can barely see him, so hardly worth a post. I had some Mahi-Mahi for dinner, it was excellent, then we walked the waterfront again. The 119 steps from the water to the hotel is hard to do after a big dinner, I don't recommend it so soon after the belly fill up. Today, Marcy was able to walk on the beach, do some shopping and worked out in the fitness center. I'm glad she is able to relax and re-charge. The boys are having a great time. Kay is keeping them busy with activities and of course, the pool has been a huge hit since I put it up. I jumped in on Sunday after I mowed the grass, it was a good cool down, seeing as the water temp feels like the single digits.

In the morning, I head back to my warehouse and count railcars. The weather should be upper 70's, which is awesome. The temps here at the beach are almost cold, I love it.

No comments: