Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, May 10, 2010

Am I the only one who notices this stuff?

I see a lot of goofy stuff, at least it's goofy to me. I'm not sure if I'm more observant than other people or if I'm just lucky to have a lot of things happen around me. Here is my example from today. One of my responsibilities when Marcy is out of town, is to pick up the boys from school, along with the oldest of the Pee brothers from down the street. I park in a church parking lot that is right next door to the school and I walk up a little hill to collect the three boys and bring them to the van. There is a drive in front of the school that I could use, but I get so pissed at the inconsiderate people in the line, that I'm sure I would eventually get into trouble for ramming some soccer mom in the rear end of her Lexus and shoving her out into traffic. I've decided that I wouldn't do well in jail, so I don't go there. Today, I picked Max up from where he was staying and we went to the church lot. We were early, so we sat there in the van and waited until it was time to go get them. A car pulled into the spot next to me and I watched as a Indian lady decided that this was an opportune time to dig for some gold. She was a knuckle deep into her left nostril, when I decided that this would be a good time for a photo. Just as I got my phone out and turned on the camera, she backed the finger out and the show was over. I was disappointed. Max was sitting in the passenger seat, so I was talking to him, but I could still see her, right over his head. She stuck that same digger finger into her mouth. I don't think she was eating any of the treasure she might have found, but it was definitely the finger she was working with. That was gross.

No comments: