Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, May 24, 2010

Misc

Here is just a bunch of crap that I either saw, heard or is just buzzing in my head. First, I've had a police scanner for years. I bought it when I lived in Des Moines so I could hear what was going on, I'm just interested. I broke it out tonight and listened in for awhile. One call was for a domestic. Dispatcher said, "male subject is saying the female in the house hit him with a bat and tried to scald him with water." Then the cop said, "Anything else?" The dispatch then said,"She tried to poison him." The cop said, "Of course." I'm listening to a shooting right now, very scary.

I don't know if this is very visible, but this is an area I drive by everyday. If you can see it, there is a patch of grass that is basically a border between two properties. I'm not sure if they are in a border war, but they appear to be doing it backwards. They aren't trying to claim the others property, they appear to be forfeiting a foot wide section, refusing to mow it. I took this a week ago. Since then, they have both mowed and they refused to mow this patch. I can't wait to see how long this goes.


They have been doing sidewalk replacement in our neighborhood, so we have a lot of equipment around. For a week, we had a truck and trailer parked on our street during the day. As I drove by one day, I took this shot:

Why they need to dump all of that dirt in the street outside the supply trailer, I have no idea. They would dump the dirt and then scrape it off at night.

We got a few fish the other day, but sadly, they lasted 2 days. Why are goldfish so darn fragile. I tried to tell the boys they were just good at swimming on their sides, but they didn't buy it.

They were given to us and the boys didn't have time to get attached, so it wasn't too upsetting.

For Mason's baseball games, the umps are kids that play in the leagues above him. They appear to be about 12 or 13 years old, which means they aren't through puberty yet. When they yell out "strike" it sounds like a 6 year old girl. People look at me funny every time I laugh at that, but it's hilarious.

I thought I had more, but I guess that is it. I'm so into my scanner, this shooting is very exciting.

No comments: