Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A winning letter.

This year, Mason's class studied Anoles, or lizards. At the end of the unit, they send the lizards home with lucky students. In order to be one of the lucky winners, you have to write a letter to the teacher explaining why you should get one of the lizards. Here is Mason's letter:

Dear Ms. Harper,
I don't have a pet, I have all the stuff, I've taken care of pets before, I've wanted a pet all my life, and I've been waiting a long time for this moment. I will make sure it is in a safe place, I will feed it, and I will make sure my brothers don't kill it. It will go right on the table so everyone can see it.

From,
Mason

That sounds like a winner to me. I wonder if any of the other kids have guaranteed that their siblings would not kill the lizard? I'll let you know if this is enough to win over his teacher. I suggested a $10, but he didn't think that would help. I bet it would.

No comments: