Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sorry about this one

I was going through my pictures on my phone, and found one of me standing in the bathroom of my hotel in Akron, don't worry, I'm clothed. I know I'm a little taller than average, but I'm no NBA player. Here is the shot of me standing at my bathroom sink:

Do you see the problem here? The "ceiling" over the sink come an inch and a half or so down my forehead. This seems like poor planning to me. Some 4 foot guy draws up the plans for my bathroom and I have to knock my barely awake self senseless every morning. I can't tell you how many times I walked right into that thing. I'm not sure if that says something about my intelligence or if it tells you how out of it I am when I wake up, since most of my concussions were acquired in the morning. The rest of the room seemed to be built with a normal sized person in mind, maybe even a tall guy, so I'm not sure what happened in here. My view out the window was also breath taking:

Not sure if you can see the slightly confused Canadian geese on the roof outside. Not sure what they were looking for up there, didn't appear to be any standing water and the food supply seemed to be low. Those damn Canadians. The next pictures are for Max, who loves trains. The warehouse I was at had their own engine to move the railcars, so I snapped a few shots for him.


And finally, a few shots of the warehouse I was in, from above. This was an old Firestone plant, so they had a walkway at the top of the building, I'm guessing so management could keep an eye on the workers. We have several warehouses that were old car manufacturing buildings with these same walkways.


Sorry if this post fell into the "there's 5 minutes of my life I can't get back" category. Sometimes, they are just for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of your posts! You are always entertaining with just the right amount of sarcasm.
Vickie

CJH said...

The big question is - where about was the shower head level? I can't tell you how many hotels I've been in where the shower head was nose level or lower....why? That extra 6 inches of piping is going to break the budget?

Markymark said...

Chad, I agree. Most of the places I stay have low shower heads as well. None as low as the trailer I owned at lake Rathbun years ago. I had to get on my knees to wash my hair and the shower head just cleared my head. Must have been made in China. Yes, I had hair then.