Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, March 24, 2008

Good book

I'm reading a book that had one of the funniest lines I have read in some time, thought I would share. The set up is, the author lived in the South Pacific for awhile, moved back to the States (Washington DC) and has now moved back to the S. Pacific with his wife. They are living on Vanuatu (Survivor fans will remember this island as having a not so long ago documented cannibalism event). He moves into a furnished house and describes it as follows:

"It was a modest house, nicely furnished, with the notable exception of the bed, which had a mattress that looked as if it had been the scene of a horrifically bloody crime in a brothel. We turned it over and concluded that there had been at least two crimes committed on it."

That is funny. The book is Getting Stoned with Savages, by J. Maarten Troost, and it is really funny. I'll update on it when I'm done and see if it makes the recommended list. (I don't really have a list, so don't go looking for it)

No comments: