Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Poor kitty cat

Makiah and I went to the hardware store today so I could buy some items to install, to then make something else break. As we went in, there was a cat, sleeping in a cat bed, right by the front door. Of course, Makiah wanted to pet it, but I said no. Two reasons, the first is, I'm assuming that the cat is friendly since it is loose in a store, but I don't trust cats, plus he was sleeping. I don't want a cat with sharp claws being startled awake. The second reason is, his older brother and mother are extremely allergic to cats. I bring Makiah home with a swollen face and trouble breathing, it will be tough to explain to his mother. I'd bet my life that Makiah would toss me under the bus and tell his mom that I let him pet a cat. We continued on back to the plumbing area and passed another cat on the way. This one was awake and Makiah wouldn't be denied. He started petting the cat and I started looking for the things we were there for. Makiah caught up with me with the cat not far behind. The cat decided to squeeze behind some of the items I was looking at and then stood on his back paws, which made it look like he was going to climb the wall. All of the sudden, the cat flipped out and started jerking back and forth, side to side. I didn't know what the hell he was doing. I though he was getting shocked or something. He knocked a few things off the rack, so I decided to have a closer look to see what was up. As I walked up, he was really freaking out. I cautiously leaned in and noticed that he had one of his claws hooked in a hole and instead of lifting his paw up, thereby releasing himself from his bondage, he was pulling down, further locking him in. It looked hilarious. I was going to help him, but I figured the second I got close, he would turn on me and shred me like an unwanted credit card application. He finally freed himself and strutted off, like cats do, with an "I meant to do that" look on his face.

No comments: