Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Love and the Pope.

First off, the Pope is in the US and I heard something that I thought was weird, tell me if you agree. During his visit to Washington DC, he was given a 21 gun salute. Does that seem a bit inappropriate to you? I don't see how the leader of the Catholic faith, which teaches peace and love, should receive a blast from 21 guns to celebrate his visit. Release 21 doves or pet 21 kittens, but the gun thing? I guess our president is from Texas, maybe he had something to do with the selection. Perhaps it was a cabinet position called the secretary of parties, and Cooter had some extra ammo laying around. Seems like an odd salute to me.

I found proof that you can die of a broken heart. This is the first paragraph of an obituary in the Des Moines Register yesterday:

Colleen Wilbert went to be with her Lord April 13, 2008. Her husband, Robert Wilbert, joined her on April 15, 2008. They passed away at the Carlisle Care Center surrounded by their loving family.

As sad as this is for the family, how heart warming is the actual story. Sounds to me that he was so much in love with his wife, that after she passed, he just wanted to be with her, so he joined her. If my perception of the events is wrong, don't tell me. I want to believe that he loved her that much. (tear)

No comments: