Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Review this.

So I was reading an article about the compound that was raided down in Texas of the offshoot of the Mormon church. They were talking to a lady who was once a member, but later blew the whistle on them. She mentioned that she wrote a book called Escape, so I went to Amazon.com to take a look at it. I like to read the reviews by people, not reviewers, to see what the consensus is. Most of the books I look at, have reviews that are leaning heavy to "like it" or "Hate it," with very few in between. The first review that came up seemed to be quite long, for an ordinary person. If you have ever read the reviews on Amazon, you know that when a person reviews, everyone else has the ability to see all previous reviews by that person. I was interested in this persons review history, to see if they regularly write long reviews. I was amazed at the length of the reviews, and also by the number. This guy had 38 pages of reviews, his profile says he has 376 different reviews. Holy crap, this dude likes to review stuff. There weren't only books, but Cd's, DVDs and I even saw one for a remote control. The reviews were too long to read, but I'm guessing with the experience he has, they are pretty good and detailed. Don't know exactly why I'm sharing this, just thought you might want to know that there is a guy out there that will review everything. I hope he doesn't read this blog, might not even get a star, especially now.

No comments: