Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Drive thru etiquette

I've touched on some of my drive thru experiences at fast food places, but I saw something today that reminded me of a few more.

1. After placing your order, if there are no cars immediately in front of you, go ahead and pull up somewhere near the car that is in front of you. I got behind grandpa today, who after placing his order, decided to pull up about 25 feet short of the guy in front of him. Wouldn't be a big deal, but seeing him pull forward, I pulled up to place my order to find myself only able to pull the front fender of my car to the speaker. This in turn signaled to the lady inside that I was ready to order, which I was, but now I need to yell my order since my window is closer to the dumpster than it is the speaker. Pull up, that's all I'm saying.

2. While waiting for the person to take your order, try to refrain from spitting or putting your chewed gum on the speaker or the box that the speaker is in. Most places have a trash can accessible from your car, see if you can get it in there. I don't know how many times I've looked out my window to order, only to see a nice, semi frozen loogie, hanging from the speaker. I know it's kids, I'm assuming some 80 year old lady isn't coughing these things up and firing them out the window, but I could be wrong.

3. If you pull up to a McDonald's drive thru, you have exactly 30 seconds to figure out what you want. I mean, the menu doesn't change on a daily basis, you know what they have. You wouldn't be going there if you didn't know what they had and I'm guessing you thought, "Hey, I'd like a Big Mac," not "Hey, I think I'll drive to McDonald's and see what looks good." Come on, order and move on, I've got some grease to eat.

These are the only one's I can come up with right now, but I'm sure I'll see more next time I go. If you have one, put it in the comments section.

No comments: