Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Part of my life.

If you know me, have read this blog, or are in my family, then you know my history of sinus problems. We'll yesterday was one of my banner days where I woke up with a sinus headache and I know, the rest of the day will only get worse. I spent an hour outside with Makiah and Max, throwing snowballs at each other (yes, we had snow AGAIN), then and hour laying in bed with a queasy stomach and that headache. I know my only relief will be to toss my breakfast and sleep, so without my permission, my body did just that(sorry, no pictures). I usually have a issue like this once a year, where it gets this bad. I hope this was it, cause that is a crappy way to spend a Saturday. I'm feeling a bit better today, but going without food for a day does a number on your strength.

I learned last week that one of the 2 guys that works for me is leaving to follow his true job path. I hate to see him go because he is a good worker and a friend, but I also know that he wants a career in accounting and we just can't offer that right now. Now I'm back to trying to hire another person to replace him. I've had pretty good luck at hiring in the past, but it's always a little nerve racking making sure you get the right person. I'm still waiting to hear what my travel schedule is for the rest of the year. Loosing a guy will make that even tougher, so we'll see how it goes. I do know I have a trip to Southern CA in Jan. to do a physical at one of my warehouses. Marcy is going with me, so I will work a few days and then we will spend a few days sight seeing. It's a good way to get my airfare paid for and some of the hotel rooms. That's a long ways away and we still have to figure out childcare, so keep your fingers crossed we get it figured out.

I just realized it is a little more that 2 months until we leave for the beach. The boys are really excited and have all ready asked about our next trip to the beach. I begged them not to worry about the next trip until we complete the first one. I have a bunch of brochures to look through to see where else we will go on our way down, but have yet to get them out to see if there is more we want to do. I'm hoping to have a better idea of what we are going to do over the next week, I'll post it when I figure it out.

No comments: