Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another day in paradise!

Today we took what was supposed to be a 2 mile hike to a beach and turned it into an all morning thing. The scenery was beautiful with lots of cooled lava tunnels and walls with a lot of texture. I like to see things that I don't normally see, like me turning down a Coke or Marcy eating a Puka dog, so seeing all this stuff in Hawaii is right up my alley. We started off the day with this:Then moved on to this:Marcy is standing on part of the trail. I'd say it took us 3 hours to go one way with all of our stops and exploring and we timed it at 40 minutes to come back. Got back in time for me to get a Mahi-Mahi sandwich, Yum! Here are some of the cooled lava tubes and some dork posing with them.

We did finally cut up the pineapple I nearly died getting and it was worth it. Best I've ever had. I wish I could say I enjoyed the papaya as much. Odd flavor and we don't know if we picked a bad one or that is how they taste. We have another, so we will see how that comes out. We also got video of a monk seal playing in the water. That was kind of fun.

No comments: