Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years

I found this while decorating for Christmas, something that I had never noticed before. Here is a picture of Makiah holding our little Christmas tree that we put on a landing at the top of our stairs. You will notice it is a very small tree. Notice the yellow sticker on the box.Now here is a closer picture of that yellow sticker. I think this might be a little over kill. I learned something about myself yesterday that I can’t say I’m all that pleased about. Let me ask you, have you ever watched your dad run? My dad is no longer with us, but I remember playing catch with him when I was in junior high, and watching him try to get up to speed to get to a ball that I had thrown a bit out of his reach. It looked like a pained, leaning kind of run. Fast forward to yesterday afternoon and I’m playing catch with Makiah, in 20 degree weather I might add in hopes that it will soften the pain. Makiah tossed the Frisbee a bit out of my reach, say 12 feet, so I took off after it, in that same pained, leaning kind of run. I recognized the run immediately. I was never fast or graceful in my runs, but this was my age screaming out. We spent New Years Eve at our church gym, playing basketball and a bunch of other games, which again showed me that I may have lost a step or ten, but when it comes to games that you can play with a beer in one hand, I still got it. No, I wasn’t drinking at church, we were just playing games that I always see people playing in the summer with a beer in their non throwing hand. I think I need to pick up my activity level or by next year I will be reduced to burping contests as my number one competitive sport, and I really suck at burping. Now here is a picture of our little Max in his first school program.

Sorry about his teachers ass being in there, I'm not much of a photographer.

No comments: