Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Today was the slowest day we have had so far. We tried to go for a hike, but when we got to the trail head, the mud was as deep as a Chicago style pizza. (I think I need to eat some pizza soon) Marcy asked a lady who just got back how the trail was and she said the mud was pretty bad. We decided to take her word for it, seeing as how she had mud up to her knees, so we skipped the hike. Instead, we headed to Lydgate State Park, walked on a path and across what they called a play bridge, which was a huge structure that took you from the top of a ridge and you wound around this wooden structure that deposited you on the beach. My boys would have loved it. There were a bunch of different ways you could go and there were slides as well, although they were closed when we were there, which disappointed us because we were going to slide down. We walked on the beach and I saw way more of a couple of fellows than I needed to. The Speedo is here, even when it shouldn't be. I saw one pasty white guy with a bright blue thong on and my first thought was that he had better have lots of sun block on those cheeks, cause he is going to burn. I can call him pasty white because I fall under that category. Even after a week in Hawaii, I will probably only be pink because I use so much sun block. To much cancer in my family, no need to invite it in. After the hike, it was off to another waterfall, this one was close and huge. Also, our second rainbow of the day, yesterday.
We had bought some sweet potatoes at the market the other day and when I peeled them last night they were bright purple. I took this picture, but the brightness just didn't come through, but you get the idea.
Lastly, here is Marcy's artwork on the beach.

1 comment:

CJH said...

Your posts have been great! Sounds like you are having a fabulous trip! Soak it in, there is another supposed winter storm, ice, rain, sleet, snow moving in here tonight.