Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Sunday, January 4, 2009

WOW!!!!!

I will say that I won't attempt to say the places I have been. I can't pick up on the Hawaiian language yet, very difficult to pronounce. I think the scenery speaks for itself. These are pictures of Holy Shit lookout:



Here is a shot of Oh My God Falls from far away:
and one from far away, but zoomed.
They says this canyon is the Grand Canyon of the Pacific. I'll tell you it was spectacular. The road getting there was as curvy as any road I've ever been on. I was worried that Marcy would get car sick, she is prone to do that on roads designed by a snake. We did pass a car pulled over with a small boy hurling his guts out. Can't say I blame him. I, of course, was having fun taking corners in my 5.0, but even I was going a bit slower because of the degree of the turns. A motorcycle passed us and was really having fun with the corners, but his woman on the back appeared to be holding on for dear life, so probably not taking in the sights. Too bad, the whole drive was amazing. We went to a beach this morning a got a few shots of some monk seals.
No, they're not dead. I was saying how the roads remind me of Jamaica, well the chickens remind me of Juarez. We were woken up this morning by several roosters having a conversation. The same thing happens in Juarez every morning. I'm glad I get to hear it here, since I won't be crossing the border this year.

No comments: