Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Thursday, January 22, 2009

take two

So I wrote about our dinner conversation, now let me share what it's like to live with 3 boys, although only 2 were involved in this. We were getting ready for bath time, when Mason decided to screw around a little and came down stairs with a sleeping bag over his head, so he was scooting around and bumping into things. Makiah was hiding from him, since Mason was making ghost sounds trying to scare him. I told Mason he needed to get the bag off him before he banged into something and got hurt. As I said that, Makiah tackled him and Mason banged his head on the floor, seeing as how his arms were pinned to his side by the sleeping bag, he had nothing to break his fall, other than his head. He was crying and I bent down to try and comfort him, when Marcy walked in. She asked what happened and I told her I punched him in the head because he was pissing me off, but she didn't buy it. We finally got Mason calmed down enough to get him on the couch. I went upstairs to finish bath time for the other boys, when I heard Marcy screaming my name. I ran down stairs to find Mason puking, that didn't appear to be a good thing. We called the doctor to see if we needed to bring him in to check if he had a concussion, but they said to wait and see if he throws up again. If not, let him sleep for about an hour, then wake him up and ask him simple questions, who he is, where he is, and see if he can answer. I'm sure he was completely confused when his mom woke him up at 10pm and asked him who he was, mom is nuts. All seemed to be fine, we'll see how he feels this morning.

No comments: